W-2 Form Printable 2020 📝 Employer W-2 Printable Blank
The basics of the W-2 form
- The IRS requires employers to report wage and salary information. Employers do that via Form W-2.
- Don’t confuse a W-2 with a W-4 — that’s the form you use to tell your employer how much tax to withhold from your paycheck every pay period (learn how withholding taxes work). And notice the key word here: employer. Freelancers or contract workers get 1099s from their clients, not W-2s
- Employers must send employees a W-2 by the end of January each year. Your employer may send you instructions for how to obtain yours online.
- Every employer that paid you at least $600 during the year has to send you a W-2. Tip income may be on it.
- For many people, the information on the W-2 determines whether they’re getting a refund or writing a check at tax time.
Here you can get printable form W-2 or fill online with detailed instructions: